Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively...
~The Dalai Lama.
Office Policies and Logistics
- C.I.M. strives for professionalism, adaptability, and affordability in the experiences we create. However a part of that includes minimal staff.
- At this time there is no front office staff and it will be an exception for a phone call to be answered. Please plan to leave a detailed voicemail and every effort will be made to return your call within 24-48 hours.
- C.I.M. attempts to be as paperless as possible.
- Our fully integrated EMR is one of our efforts in that regard, thus we strive facilitate your unencumbered use of this, including online filing of New Patient paperwork.
- Additionally, you will be required to enter credit or debit card information into the secure and HIPAA-compliant EMR software.
- This is a requirement of C.I.M. and you will not be scheduled without this.
- You will never be charged without prior notice.
- You may remove or change your credit card information at any time, however a new card will be needed to schedule again in the future.
- C.I.M. does not have front staff to greet you. Please make yourself respectably at home in the lobby and Dr. McClanahan will come to get you.
- Please show up for appointments ~5 minutes early (30-45 minutes if filling out forms).
- Dr. McClanahan will not see you until the New Patient Paperwork is completed.
- You will be charged half price for the minutes used while waiting for paperwork.
- Please bring the following to your first appointment:
- Completed New Patient Paperwork (if not done online)
- As many prior health records as possible including:
- Lab Results
- Imaging Study Reports (only bring CD's if no report is available)
- Consultant Reports/Opinions
- A FULL list of meds, dosages, reason for taking them, & who is prescribing them.
- A FULL list of supplements, dosages, and reason for taking them.
Cancellations / No-Shows:
- These are of no use to anyone. However accidents and emergencies happen and at C.I.M. we are reasonable human beings. Please communicate with us in some way if you are going to be late, miss the appointment, need to reschedule, etc, and we can often work something out.
- That said, if a New Patient Consult is missed or cancelled < 24hrs, there will be a non-negotiable $150 charge billed directly to the credit card on file to allow for further chances to book. Some of this charge, however, may be considered a "deposit" for future appointments. The second time is $250. If still desiring a third opportunity, C.I.M. requires prepayment of the full cost of a 75 minute slot to allow for further chances.
- Everyone gets one chance to miss a follow-up appointment - we understand, life happens. Thereafter, half-price for the time allotted will be charged if less than 2 day's notice is given for a cancelled appt.
- After the second cancellation of less than 48 hours, full charge for the time allotted will be charged to the credit card on file and future appointments will need to be prepaid.
- Again, everyone can miss one follow-up without consequence. However, a subsequent no-show, no-call situation is treated differently and is billed at the full cost of the time allotted.
- This may continue as long as you are still interested in following-up at C.I.M., however at Dr. McClanahan's discretion termination may be warranted.
- Charges for the above are based on the length of the scheduled appointment, since all charges for clinical visits at C.I.M. are based on time - see Financials page for more details.
Lab and Imaging Orders & Results:
- While the bulk of Dr. McClanahan's work does not rely on further testing, occasionally this will be warranted.
- Dr. McClanahan will attempt to send you to an in-network lab, but this should be researched ahead of time. LabCorp and Quest accept most major insurances, as to the outpatient labs of local hospitals.
- Lab and Imaging Results ordered by Dr. McClanahan will be reviewed in-person at a scheduled follow-up (unless emergent contact is warranted based on the result).
- Dr. McClanahan makes NO refills of medications he has not written.
- At C.I.M, the aim is to reduce dependence on or need for prescriptions. However, in the event that he prescribes something, Dr. McClanahan will require follow-up to assess efficacy, side-effects, etc. Refills of these meds will be made at the time of the follow-up and not before or without a scheduled appointment.
- C.I.M. is not equipped for electronic prescribing. You will have a hand-written Rx, if indicated.
- Please be aware of your refill status and plan for this accordingly.
On Call / Emergencies / Hospitalization:
- Dr. McClanahan's practice is not designed for primary care, urgent/emergency care, or inpatient management.
- It is STRONGLY recommended the you have a primary care provider PRIOR to coming to C.I.M.
- Please contact your PCP or dial 911 if your situation warrants acute attention.